I know it’s been almost an eternity since my last post, but here I am again and I’m super excited to share this recipe with you. This recipe combines two of my favourite things- mini eggs & cheesecake! What’s not to love right? So, when I spotted it on The Busy Baker’s site, I knew I had to give it a shot! Check out her version here!
Just in time for Easter, this treat is perfect to serve for dessert (or, as a meal, who’s gonna judge?) so make sure to let me know what you think!!
Mini Egg Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 600g (approximately 21 oz) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups crushed mini eggs
- whipped cream, mini eggs, and chocolate drizzle for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°C and grease a 9×9 square pan
- Combine graham crackers, melted butter, and 1 tbsp of vanilla. Pack into pan and bake until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Chill in freezer.
- Whip the cream cheese and beat in powdered sugar.
- Fold in whipped cream, the rest of the vanilla, salt, and the crushed mini eggs.
- Pour into the pan, once the crust has cooled. Chill for 8-10 hours.
- Top with mini eggs, whipped cream, and chocolate drizzle.
Just a note- I didn’t have enough graham cracker crumbs so I ended up using 3/4 cup of graham crackers and 1/2 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs and it was extra delicious so that’s worth a shot as well!!
Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoy this recipe!